Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Jquery Firefox won't submit form

I was attempting submit a cart checkout page to a hosted order form. I was submitting the form via a jquery call after modifying the form by removing some un-necessary elements and modifying the form action. This worked fine in IE/Chrome but not FF. In FF the form was not submitted. It was apparently due to the removing of the extra elements. I found this post that helped me out:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6347433/form-will-not-submit-if-remove-is-used

I was using ASP.NET button as using the submit behavior. I removed the asp.net button and replace it with a plain old html input button and it worked great!

Here is some sample code:

Input Button:

<input type="button" name="btnPayment" value="Checkout" onclick="update();" id="btnPayment">


Javascript:

function update() {



Hope that helps!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment