Monday, July 23, 2012

T-Mobile Hotspot @home blue light (phone port) not on

I've posted on this topic before, but here is another tip I have for this setup. If your blue router light for the phone port does not come on after having worked for years, you may want to upgrade the firmware. Our phone line stopped working a couple weeks ago after working fine for quite some time (the wireless internet was working just fine).

I have the WRTU54G-TM Linksys router. I logged into the Admin Tool via a browser. You will need to navigate to http://192.168.0.1/ in your brower, login as admin and if you have never been there before probably use the default password located on your router.

Once you have logged in go to Administration - Firmware upgrade. I downloaded the latest upgrade file from Linksys and ran the upgrade. After restarting the router with the SIM card installed in slot 2, and waiting quite a bit, the blue light came on.

You may have to wait a bit, it did not happen immediately. IDK when it happened because I was just walking by thinking it was still not working when I noticed the light on.

Hope that helps!

2 comments:

  1. could u please explain in a,b,c language. the 1st paragraph of the 2nd sentence says :- I logged into the Admin Tool via browser, went to administration-Firmware update. How do u go into the admin tool and which browser and so forth....
    please simplify for all of us are not computer savvy and understand computer language. mshivji786@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mohamed, I have updated the instructions a bit to include more information on logging in, any browser should work I use FireFox but IE should work as well.

      Delete