Tuesday, March 20, 2012

WordPress WP-Ecommerce, Modify or Remove Sidebar

I needed to modify the product page display to be better displayed. The product page did not have a side menu, but the div tag 'sidebar' still existed taking up about 180px worth of space which threw the layout off. I searched for a way to get rid of the space, but found there was not an acceptable solution since the Theme was forcing it to be there and I did not really feel like digging around in the code to find it.

It took me awhile to think of this solution and I am not sure why and I never saw anyone post this solution and IT IS SIMPLE! Modify the css on the 'wpsc-single_product.php' page. I am not a senior word press person so I don't know if all wp wp-ecommerce pages have this page but whatever page you are dealing with add this css to override the stylesheet and make the sidebar 0px:

#columnleft
{
float:left;
width:0px;
}

#columnright
{
float:right;
width:870px;
padding:1px;
}

#sidebar
{
width: 0px;
}

No comments:

Post a Comment